Tutorial: Order Trigger Bot
Order Trigger Bots (Trigger Bots) are responsible for marking orders that satisfy the trigger condition, including:
- Trigger Market Orders - Stop Market and Take Profit
- Trigger Limit Orders - Stop Limit and Take Profit Limit
Trigger Bots receive a small compensation for each successfully marked order.
See Keepers & Decentralised Orderbook for a technical explanation of how the decentralised orderbook (DLOB) and matching incentives work.
Trigger Bots are similar to Tutorial: Order Matching Bot in that they:
- also maintain a local copy of the Keepers & Decentralised Orderbook;
- do not require the operator to manage collateral; and
- receive a small reward for performing their duties.
The reference implementation of a Trigger Bot is available here.
Follow the instructions at Keeper Bots to set the required environment variables and make sure a ClearingHouseUser is initialised.
Start the Trigger Bot:
1. Get nodes from the DLOB that are ready to be triggered
The DLOB implementation includes a method for getting orders ready to be triggered:
2. Call trigger_order on DriftClient
Updated 03 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?